Salary to £20,000 – 24,000 (+ future commission structure)
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Business Development & Sales Executive to join Oakleigh Manor, a well established Landscape Design and Build business based in a semi rural location near Faversham, Kent. The company been undertaking multi discipline design & build projects across Kent, Essex, Surrey, Sussex & London for over 20 years.
As a key member of the Sales team you will have the crucial role developing a sales department for the company, under close guidance from the directors, dealing with ongoing sales activities as well as generating new commercial leads and a future sales department. You will be dealing with a large volume of existing leads in various business types, as well as a mix of business and marketing development.
- To qualify incoming leads for suitability to the company’s services
- To secure qualified leads and make appointments for the sales team to visit potential new clients.
- Make telephone contact with other potential clients to qualify and if appropriate make appointments for the yourself, designers or the directors who currently deal with all sales leads.
- Process estimate or quotation based client proposals in the company’s format.
Responsibilities and Activities:
The candidate will be a professional, tenacious and an enthusiastic team player. It is imperative that the individual can hit the ground running and:
- Manage the future prospect bank by keeping the database up to date.
- Develop sales processes to suit the evolution of web based marketing and the development of a future sales team.
- Daily and weekly reports to directors.
- Attend weekly internal review meetings to discuss pipeline.
- Attend weekly company meetings
Essential Criteria For The Role:
- Telesales experience is a must (open, investigate, qualify & close).
- Excellent communication skills (Director Level).
- Good research skills.
- Ability to build internal and external relationships, both face to face and remotely.
- Proven track record of making sales appointments.
- Database experience essential.
- Networking ability with commercial agents and project managers.
- IT skills, Microsoft Office package.
- Attention to detail.
- Good listening skills.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Capacity to hold conversations at board level.
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and use own initiative.
- Ability to exercise effective judgement, discretion, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations.
- Ability to think ‘outside the box’ to create pragmatic solutions.
- Ability to liaise at all levels between departments.
- Ability to contribute ideas, share experiences and be flexible.
- Energetic with a ‘can do’, professional attitude.
Salary to £20,000 – 24,000 depending on experience plus a future commission structure as the role develops.
Monday – Friday, 8 30am – 5 00pm.